of those Filipino's live in the rural areas where services are not accessible.
Based on the information, the following are the reasons why both the government and persons with disabilities (PWD) themselves find it difficult to seek advanced help and blend in with society:
- Lack of data on disability
- Poor implementation of laws and policies
- Lack of funds and human resources.
- Non-availability or insufficiency of funds for both government and non-government organizations.
- Limited reach and coverage of government programs.
- Inadequate campaigns for public information and awareness.
- Lack of regulatory measures to contain the proliferation of non-government organizations exploiting persons with disabilities.
- Lack of proper representation in the legislative and executive branches and levels of government.
- Low self-esteem of most persons with disabilities.
- Negative attitudes of the family and community of persons with disabilities.